of the names used to define the area of Cusio Agrano is "the land of the dead."
This name comes from the fact that in a chapel outside the parish church (always visible
from the road) is preserved a mummy that for centuries is the subject of a sort of
superstitious devotion by "agranesi".
The earliest documents about this case are dated 1792,
written by Priest G. Bassetti that by arranging the women's burial a mummy was found among
the other corpses completely undone. But many time had passed since the death of this
woman, because the same document cites a cleanup at the same abandoned tomb happened 45
years before, but the Agrano's Dead was hidden under the other corpses.
About a century later because the veneration of Agranesi
for the Dead, many people asked to expose the corp into the church, but for the refusal of
religious authority was built the chapel outside the Church and the mummy was deposed in a
Outside the chapel was painted the phrase "Ricordati
che devi morire" (Remember you must die), a warning to the people
visiting the mummy.